Cookie Rookie Pledge
- Do not eat any raw cookie dough or any other raw dough product that’s supposed to be cooked or baked.
- Follow package directions for cooking at proper temperatures and for specified times.
- Wash hands, work surfaces, and utensils thoroughly after contact with raw dough products.
- Keep raw foods separate from other foods while preparing them to prevent any contamination that might be present from spreading.
- Follow label directions to chill products promptly after purchase and after using them.
It's especially important to teach children to not eat cookie dough containing raw eggs, as young children are more vulnerable to the food poisoning. Before you begin cooking with children, discuss the Cookie Rookie Pledge together to help them understand what they can do to stay healthy and happy, and enjoy their cookies too!